AS YOU BEGIN YOUR RESEARCH…
- Consider following this six-step process to acquire and organize information for your research assignment (each step is embedded with further helpful tips)
- Internet searches can be challenging. Try specific strategies to get more effective results from your Internet search
- gather the citation information you need using this Bibliography Info form.
- consider the credibility of your resources using the CRAAP Detection Evaluation form.
- avoid misinformation by asking key questions to check for fake news
Citefast – an online citation maker for MLA, APA and Chicago formats.
MLA Documentation Style Guide – UBC – gives general rules, citation examples, also has information on in-text citations.
APA Formating and Style Guide – OWL: Online Writing Lab by Purdue University.
Fake News: A Library Resource Round-Up – American Library Association resources to identifying fake news
Fake News, Misinformation, and Propaganda – Harvard Library research guide includes background information, links, and tools for identifying fake news.