Youth Transforming society (YTS) is a registered non-profit, student-led group based out of Surrey, BC that aims to raise awareness for humanitarian issues and encourage community volunteerism. Founded in 2010, we have since raised $20,000 for various organizations and have helped hundreds of students get involved. For more information about our organization, please visit: http://www.youthtransformingsociety.org/
One of Youth Transforming Society’s goals is to promote community volunteerism among youth. To further this goal, we have created the YTS Scholarship for Community Service. These $1000 awards will recognize students for their dedication and commitment to selfless service in the community. We hope to continue to celebrate the achievements of young people who have created positive change.
To be considered for this award, the applicant must be:
1. A graduating, grade 12 student attending secondary school in the Lower Mainland.
2. Attending a Canadian post-secondary institution on a full time basis beginning September 2019. Proof of acceptance may be requested.
3. Actively involved in voluntary pursuits of any kind (humanitarian, environmental, etc.).
4. Minimum academic average of 70%. Proof of average may be requested.
How To Apply
1. Review the eligibility criteria, application steps, and information document.
2. Complete the application form. Click here to access the form.
3. Email us your resume detailing your volunteer experience, leadership work, and any other extracurricular activities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your document under your name (e.g. John Smith). Your application will be considered incomplete if you do not submit your resume by the deadline.
4. Send us a video of yourself answering the questions found below in bullet points. We ask that you email us a link to Google Drive, YouTube, or Dropbox from where we can directly download your video. Title your video under your name (e.g. John Smith). Please ensure your video is between 2-3 minutes.
The application deadline is on Friday May 3rd, 2019 at 11:59pm. If you have any questions or concerns, please email at email@example.com