Each year, the Looking Glass Foundation awards several thousand dollars to BC students who have received, or are currently receiving, treatment for an eating disorder. As of today, we are accepting applications for Persevere, Rise Above, and Pursue Your Passion scholarships.
New this year: The Rise Above category is now reserved for Looking Glass volunteers who demonstrate strong leadership and community service, as our way of celebrating those who truly “rise above” in order to uphold the vision and values of our organization. To qualify for this category, you must be either a current volunteer of more than 6 months, or a recent volunteer who was active within the past six months and served for a period of at least six consecutive months prior to departure.
- Current volunteers: Started volunteering no later than Sept 5th 2018).
- Recent volunteers: Started volunteering prior to March 5th 2018, and stopped no earlier than Sept. 5th 2018).
- Please read the Scholarship Program Flyer for a full overview of eligibility criteria
- Applications are open to all genders and ages, in any program area
- Graduate students are no longer eligible to apply for Looking Glass Scholarships. This is to ensure a fair competitive field for newer students, and to meet the program’s goal of celebrating and supporting students who may be managing recovery and academia goals for the first time
- Applicants must be BC residents enrolled in full-time undergraduate studies at an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution
- Students must be commencing or returning to full-time studies between September 2019 and January 2020
- The application deadline is July 5th, 2019
- You can apply online today! Application forms, rules, and full instructions are available on our webpage
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.