In consultation with the school, parents can put forth an application to the MACC Program for their child online between October 11th – November 15th, 2019 for the 2020-2021 school year. Please read all of this page for important details about the application process, cognitive assessment, and selection process.
**** IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Unless a student currently in the MACC Program leaves the program, there will not be space available in the grades 5, 6, or 7 classes. We are still accepting applications for all grades. If the student is currently in Grades 4-6, please fill out the MACC Program Application and Parent Input Form ONLY. School Input Forms, Student Input forms and supporting documentation to be submitted for students currently in grade 3. If a spot becomes available in the grade 5, 6, or 7 class, schools will be contacted directly and asked to fill in the forms.
- Inform your child’s current school that she/he is applying to the MACC program so that they know to complete the required supporting documentation outlined below.
- Online MACC Program Application
- Online Parent Input Form
- Two most recent report cards (current Grade 3s only)
- If applicable, copy of IEP or psycho-educational assessment
- Bring student to a cognitive assessment time, which will be assigned upon receipt of all documentation (please see below under cognitive assessment)
- All supporting hard copy documentation (last two report cards, IEP reports, psycho-educational assesment) should be sent to the Advanced Learning Team, Burnaby School Board Office (please label: MACC application).
SCHOOL RESPONSIBILITIES: (ONLY for current GRADE THREE students)
- Online School Input Form
- Student Input Form
- If applicable, copy of IEP and psycho-educational assessment
- All supporting hard copy documentation should be sent to the Advanced Learning Team, Burnaby School Board Office (please label: MACC application).
- NOTE: These school and student forms are password protected and are for school use only. Please email (email@example.com) to obtain the password.
Candidates are expected to participate in a group-administered cognitive assessment taking place at the Canada Way Education Center from December 3rd – December 13th, 2019 for students applying for the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents will be notified of their child’s assessment dates after the application deadline and upon receipt of all documentation required.
Parents are responsible for transportation to and from the testing site. Due to space limitations, we ask that parents wait for their children at an off-site location.
The purpose of the assessment is to gain information regarding each candidate’s cognitive profile. This gives a snapshot of the student’s cognitive profile but is not a full psycho-educational assessment and the scores should not be interpreted as such. We will be looking at the results in conjunction with information from the application package. No one criteria will determine a student’s admittance into the program.
NOTE: All supporting documentation must be received by Friday, November 15th to receive a cognitive assessment time.
Application materials will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of school-based and district staff. Applicants will be notified of program acceptance by January 31st, 2020 by mail.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR CROSS CATCHMENT SCHOOL TRANSFER. Upon acceptance into a MACC Program, the student will automatically be granted a school transfer.