Burnaby South Secondary is now offering a new dance scholarship! Check out the info below!
BURNABY SOUTH DANCE PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be registered at Burnaby South Secondary & the B.C. Provincial School for the Deaf; living in British Columbia.
- Be a student graduating from the Burnaby South Dance Program at the end of the 2016-2017 school year.
- Be a student who has completed dance courses in grade 11 and 12
- Show significant merit in the field of dance by achieving a minimum average of 86% in grades 11 and 12 dance courses.
- Have applied and then be accepted into a post-secondary educational institution within Canada in the following school year.
Your application package must include the following information:
- Confirmation that you are currently enrolled in a dance course at Burnaby South Secondary or the BC Provincial School for the Deaf.
- Documentation that you have completed (or currently taking) dance courses at Burnaby South Secondary in grades 11 and 12 with a minimum of 86%. Official documentation from a current school counsellor will be accepted.
- A history of your school and/or community involvement related to dance. (ex. Extra dance courses/clubs taken after school, shows you’ve performed in, volunteer work or mentoring in dance at lunch or after school, examples of dance leadership)
- A copy of any acceptance letter to a post-secondary educational institution or a letter of intent to attend a post-secondary educational institution immediately following graduation from grade 12. Alternatively, a copy of your secondary school transcript from your counsellor to demonstrate that your grades are high enough for acceptance to the post-secondary educational institution will also be accepted.
- Completed Application Package to Ms. Wilson by March 10, 2017