PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SHOW IS SOLD OUT. TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE DOORS!!!!!
WHAT: “It Had To Be You.” Year end dance recital and student art show!
WHEN: Monday, June 5, 2017 at 7pm (art show starts at 6pm doors open at 6:30pm)
WHERE: Michael J. Fox Theatre
1) IT HAD TO BE YOU Jazz Dance Company (Gr. 9-12) Choreographed by Christina Wilson
2) BURN, BREAK, CRASH Rinka Minagawa (Gr. 12) Choreographed & performed by Student
3) PHOTOGRAPH BC Provincial School for the Deaf Dance Company (Gr. 10 – 12) Choreographed by Madeline de Shield & Christina Wilson
4) ROCKIN’ ROBIN Grade 8/9 Period 6 Class Choreographed by Christina Wilson & Madeline de Shield
5) SKINNY LOVE Bree Hegler (Gr. 12) Choreographed & performed by Student
6) WE DON’T TALK ANYMORE Grade 10-12 Period 4 Class Choreographed by Madeline de Shield & Christina Wilson
7) TRNDSTTR (Trendsetter) Matthew Magano & Bien Miranda (Gr.8/9) Choreographed by Students & Christina Wilson
8) MEDICINE Modern Class/Club (Gr.9-12) Choreographed by Madeline de Shield
9) LOSE IT Sarosha Bhardwaj (Gr. 10) Choreographed by Student
10) HAOLE HULA Hawaiian Class/Club (BCSD & Gr. 9-12) Choreographed by Christina Wilson
11) PERM Breaking Class/Club (Gr. 9-11) Choreographed by Braden Breen & Christina Wilson
Check out awesome student artwork in the gallery & order a recital DVD for only $10!
12) GOLD MEDLEY Hip Hop Dance Company (Gr.8-12) Choreographed by Uriel Silayen, Mia Torres, Sofia Tumambing & Christina Wilson
13) THE SLEEPING BEAUTY Riko Nakanishi (Grade 12) Classic ballet choreography
14) LOVE FOR THAT Charlotte Hamill & Lauren Jung (Grade 9) Choreographed by Students
15) THAT MAN Grade 10-12 Period 8 Class Choreographed by Christina Wilson & Madeline de Shield
16) DRIP DROP Ky Kim (Gr. 11) Choreographed by Student
17) KA ‘IWA Hawaiian Class/Club (Gr. 9-12) Choreographed by Christina Wilson
18) THROWBACK Mia Torres, Uriel Silayen & Sofia Tumambing (Grade 9, 10, 12) Choreographed by Students
19) UNSTEADY Sunny Shee (Gr. 11) Choreographed by Students
20) MINIONS Grade 8/9 Period 2 Class Choreographed by Christina Wilson & Madeline de Shield
21) WHY I THINK THIS WORLD SHOULD END Dance Company (Gr.8-12) Choreographed by Students & Christina Wilson
The Burnaby South Dance Program would like to acknowledge the Coast Salish Nations of Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish on whose traditional territories we teach, learn, and live.
A very special thank you to Sonica Gujral-Hoonan of Dancin’ Stars School of the Performing Arts for providing five $100 dance scholarships!
This show would not be a success without the help of theatre technician Ray Morgan, stage manager Jenny Shee, choreographers Madeline de Shield & Braden Breen, Vania Alexieva and her media students, The Michael J Fox Theatre staff, backstage helper Phedran Silke, interpreters Brook Oviedo & Larissa Peters, and our lovely hosts Om Arora & Alyeius Maia!
I would like to acknowledge all the people who work in and out of the dance studio who work directly with our program students but often get little fanfare such as our educational assistants, interpreters, counsellors, office staff, and custodians. Without the support of these individuals, I would not be able to do my job effectively and I truly appreciate their hard work!
Thanks to Principal Victoria Lee & the admin team, VPA Department Head Bernie Robinson and the wonderful staff of Burnaby South & the BC Provincial School for the Deaf for your ongoing support!
Of course the biggest thanks goes out to all the dancers. You continually amaze me with your talent, passion, and dedication! Congratulations on another successful year!
THANK YOU! UNTIL NEXT YEAR… KEEP ON DANCING!