Home Reading Club passports were distributed to classes this week.
HOW THE HOME READING PROGRAM WORKS
The Reading Club runs October 13th, 2015 to May 31st, 2016.
Students, you need to:
1) Read (or have someone read to you) for:
15 minutes each night for kindergarten – grade 3
20 minutes each night for grades 4 – 7
2) Mark the calendar (with a ü, X, a sticker, a stamp, a happy face, the title of your book or colour in the square) each day you read.
3) At the end of the month have your parent or guardian sign the calendar page in your passport.
4) Bring the passport back to school at the end of the month to have your reading progress recorded.
5) Mark the number of nights you read for the month.
- Reading Club certificates will be awarded to celebrate 100, 150 and 200 nights of reading.
- Students need to submit their passports each month by the due date!
- Students who complete 200 nights by May 31st and turn in their passports will earn a book.