VSO Connects

Every two years the district helps fund one elementary school  and one secondary school to be a part of a 2-year cohort called VSO Connects.

This program brings the symphonic music into elementary and secondary schools with the opportunity to interact, create and learn from Orchestra musicians, and post secondary music students. This year, both Burnaby Central and Stoney Creek/Lyndhurst Elementaries are participating in the program.

If you are interested in learning more about the program, please contact Reg LaPlante at: reg.laplante@sd41.bc.ca

2 Responses to VSO Connects

1. Anne-Marie Uy says:

Hi there,

Would you happen to know as of now whether Capitol Hill or Confederation Park will be participating in the VSO Connects program. If so, which year would the school(s) expect to participate?

• parsonsonl says:

Thanks for your question. One elementary school is selected every two years for this program. All schools are invited to apply. Confederation Park participated about 6 years ago. I would have to check my records, but I don’t believe that Capitol Hill has applied for the program yet. Hope this helps.