Burnaby District String Orchestra

celloWe are very pleased to announce that the Burnaby District String Orchestra will continue to be offered for the 2016-17 school year under the direction of  Mr. Adrian Clift.

Level 1 is for grade 4 students who are beginners and Level 2 is for grade 5, 6, or 7 students who played with BDSO last year or have at least 2 years of private lessons.

Admission interviews for both levels will be held Tuesday, September 27 in the music room of Seaforth Elementary School starting at 3:45.  Please note that there are a limited number of openings for Level 1.

Starting on October 5,  2016  Level 1 rehearsals will be Wednesdays from 3:45- 5 pm in the Seaforth Elementary School Music Room.  Level 2 will meet Wednesdays from 5 – 6 pm in the same space.

The fee for this program is $75, due October 12th. The preferred method of payment is through School Cash Online. Please If you haven’t yet signed up for school cash online payments, go to https://burnaby.schoolcashonline.com and then click on the “Get Started Today” tab on the main page. Information on how to register has been sent to each school and can be obtained from the school office if needed. Once you have registered, go to: https://burnaby.schoolcashonline.com and then select ‘ITEMS’ .   Under ITEMS choose District String Orchestra fee. This fee will cover technique books, sheet music and guest instructors. Parents are also responsible for all instrument rental costs.

We look forward to another great year of Strings Music in our District!

10 Responses to Burnaby District String Orchestra

1. Cherry Yu says:

Hi Ms. Lee,my son Eric Tang is in Montecito school and he has played violin for 3 years.He would like to join the orchestra team.It will be very appreciated if you could send me the registration form and requirement.Thanks!

• Reg LaPlante says:

Hi Cherry,
      We have a new instructor for the District String Orchestra this year and he is just getting information out to schools in the next week or so.
      Please check back if you don’t hear anything from school.
      Thank you!
      Reg LaPlante

• Reg LaPlante says:

Hi Cherry,
      Please plan on attending the information meeting on October 15th 4pm at Mocrop Secondary, room #110.
      Thank you!

2. Siva Ramesh says:

I am sorry we missed the meeting on Wednesday.
    Can you please let me know if my son can still join.

• Reg LaPlante says:

Hopefully you received my e-mail earlier in the week!
      Please plan on having your son attend a short interview today, Wed. Oct. 22, in room #110 at Moscrop Secondary School.
      Mr. Clift will be meeting with students from 3:45 – 7pm.
      Thank you,
      Reg LaPlante

3. Sfan says:

For level 1, interview session tomorrow on Oct 22nd, what is the latest time we can come in? Website only says the starting time only. Kindly confirm. Thanks

4. Mr. Clift says:

Dear BDSO community members,
    I hope you have had a great summer. Just wanted to let everybody know the plans for starting up the new BDSO term. We are aiming to continue doing rehearsals at Moscrop Secondary School on Wednesday evenings, starting on October 6th. I am waiting for confirmation from the Moscrop admin staff that it is ok for us to continue with the same times and dates for this year, after which letters shall be sent out with further information regarding signing up and fees.

Warm regards,

Mr. Clift

5. Gerry says:

What is the interview date for 2015 level 1?

Thanks & Regards,