Sound Wave

Sound Wave Handbell Choir is an Honour Choir comprised of students in Grades 7 – 10 from Burnaby School District.  The students attend Chaffey-Burke, Kitchener, Stoney Creek, Moscrop and Burnaby South and Burnaby North schools.  This is the first year this combination of students have played together. Ringers have from two months of experience to six years of ringing bells. They play on a four and a half octave set of Schulmerich Bells and Suzuki Chimes, one of only three sets in Burnaby School District.  This year they have performed at a concert in New Westminster as part of a concert series, in a joint concert with the Burnaby District Children’s Choir – Key of Harmony and Andante – a retired Teachers and friends ensemble, and at Westerleigh Parc in West Vancouver.  This is Sound Wave’s 17th  year as an ensemble.

The choir is open to Burnaby students in Grades 7 – 12.  Auditions are held in June for the following school year.  Successful ringers will require good skills in reading grand staff musical notation. It is helpful if students have received some private instrument lessons.  Students may also become a member of Sound Wave if they have a strong recommendation from their school music teacher.  Sound Wave rehearses every Monday, 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. at Ecole Inman Music Room.

For more information about auditions, Burnaby students can contact their school music teacher or email the choir director at:

Sound Wave’s blog can be found here.

One Response to Sound Wave

1. Richard Jones says:

I saw the Handbell choir playing on SKY1 and loved the music.Is it possible to purchase a recording of the music on digital format ? Perhaps MP3 download so I can enjoy it on my MP3 player? At the moment I only seem to be able to find videos on youtube.

I think the musical sound is incredible .

Many thanks

Richard Jones (UK)