Burnaby Youth Choir

This auditioVictoria 2014ned ensemble of talented and inspiring singers has performed throughout the community, with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and Phoenix Chamber Choir, and at the Opening Ceremonies for the Paralympics in 2010. The choir members explore repertoire in many different styles and languages and aim to be great leaders in their musical communities. You can read about the choir in the article published in the Burnaby Now. Click here. The current director is Ms Angela Adam. Ms Janet Pritchard is the accompanist.

The purpose of the choir is:

• To develop the talents of young people and share our love of singing.
  • To encourage and support a high performance standard of choral music in the district’s elementary schools.
  • To complement elementary choral programs, as well as promote continued participation in secondary choral programs.
  • To provide an ongoing enrichment experience for students who have been members of the Burnaby District Children’s Choir.

This choir is open to grade 5-12 students who are enrolled in a Burnaby public school. Students must be recommended for the choir by their music teacher, be a member of their school choir, read music and love to sing. The Burnaby District Youth Choir rehearses every week on Thursday at Aubrey Elementary after school. For more information, students can contact their school music teacher or Angela.Adam@sd41.bc.ca

Upcoming Events

Stay Tuned!

4 Responses to Burnaby Youth Choir

1. Karen Mang says:

Hi there! I’m trying to get a hold of Pattie. Would it be possible for someone to pass my email on to her? Thanks very much. 🙂
    Karen Mang
    604 790 1391

2. Cathy Liebenow says:

I found a song that your choir sang called Mexican Mouse on youtube. My first graders at my school would love to sing that song for their upcoming Christmas program, but I cannot find the music anywhere. Can you help me, please?

• Patti Fletcher says:

Hi Cathy,
      I think it’s out of print now. If you email me through our district mail I’d be happy to send you a PDF file of it. Your kids will love it 🙂 Cheers!
      Patti