Writing Log Books

I just wanted to let you know the students worked hard in their writing log books today.   Please have your child show you their books.   We usually brainstorm the first 3 sentences together on the board and the students copy it into their books.  I then ask them to add 2 – 3 more sentences on their own, I try hard not to correct their sentences so you can see how they are doing.  I hope you are enjoying writing back. They really like readying your letters. 

Thank you!

Thank you to all the parents who sent in treats yesterday. Our class was very lucky to have so many delicious snacks throughout the day and some goody bags to take home.  We had fruit, cheese sticks, Rice Krispie squares, candy, chocolate, cookies, cheezies and  juice boxes.  We had extra cookies today too! 

Skating Field Trip Form

We are sending home the skating field trip form today but it’s not due back until next Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2107.  We usually don’t like to send another field trip notice home when we still have one coming up but they seem to be close together.  Thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to drive on all these field trips, we really appreciate all the help.  

Halloween Parade

On Tuesday, October 31 all students  are invited to  come in costume, there will be a Halloween Parade in the gym at 9:30.  Some student might just wear something orange and/or  black.  Our class will be doing fun Halloween activities throughout the day.  Your child is welcome to bring a food item to share.  

Walk – A- Thon on Monday

Don’t forget we have the walk-a-thon on Monday, October 30 from 1:00 – 3:00.  Please have your child wear running shoes and dress for the weather. We are going rain or shine.  Thank you for sending back your pledge envelopes, we need them all back even if they are empty.