Continuing Learning In a Time of Stress – Burnaby Science

Continuing Learning In a Time of Stress

| Posted in Uncategorized

Last week’s return to work was a huge change for most of us. Rather than greeting students and colleagues in our school communities, we needed to work swiftly to shift those communities on-line. In the coming weeks, we will continue to do that as we figure out how best to deliver essential learning to our students from a safe distance.

To assist with science, a good jumping off point would be the Science Curriculum Backgrounders, 4 page summaries of the curriculum, along with lesson ideas, background information and links to good resources.

Another great place to find links to easy to do science experiments is Science World.  Their collection of activities is searchable by topic and grade.  Nelson publishers has also opened its online resources, including the BC Science online information.

Spring is around us.Remember that these are not ordinary times, and students will not be able to complete the amount of work usually finished in the classroom. We need to keep equity in mind for all of our learners, and support them as best as possible.

I see my role to be supporting teachers–so please don’t hesitate to contact me at Donna.Morgan@burnabyschools.ca for resources, tech support (I’ll do what I can) or even just if you need to talk.  Also, those of you involved in the various staff development book groups, teams, and other learning opportunities, expect to hear from me soon about postponement, moving to on-line sessions or other alternatives.

Stay Safe!