Reminders: Week of October 23 – 27

Sunday, October, 22

Reminders

On Tuesday, October 24, students in division 3 will be going on their first field trip of the year to Moody Park Arena.  Students must bring their own booster seat.  It is recommended to also bring long athletic socks, mittens / gloves, a winter jacket and a change of pants.  Students may bring their own ice skates and helmet if they prefer to use their own.

On Thursday, October 26, we will be having our first Monthly Run.  Students should bring running shoes and a water bottle.

Highlight of the Week

Sunday, October 22

Hello everyone,

I have added a new page to the classroom blog called: Highlight of the Week.  Each week, I will share something that the class has been working on or learning about.

The purpose is to keep parents and families of students in division 3 informed about the goings-on in our class.

The first ‘Highlight of the Week’ has been posted.  I hope you enjoy this and all future snapshots of learning.

Christina Pook

House Team Colour Day

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Wednesday, October 18th is our first Spirit Day of this school year.  Students can earn points for their House Team by wearing their house team colour.

Let’s show some Glenwood pride and wear our House Team Colours!

Christina Pook

Fruit and Veggie Challenge!

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Over the past few weeks, the students in Division 3 have been learning about the importance of healthy eating.  While learning about healthy eating, we have been focusing on the importance of eating a variety of fruit and vegetables each day.

To help reinforce what we have been learning in the classroom, all students in Division 3 will be taking part in the Fruit and Veggie Challenge during the week of October 16 – 19.  We will be tracking the number and variety (colour) of fruits and vegetables brought to school as part of recess snack or lunch meal.  I am encouraging students to bring a different coloured fruit or vegetable for each day of the week.

Monday – Green Fruit or Vegetable (e.g. cucumber, spinach, or green apple)

Tuesday – Orange or Yellow Fruit or Vegetable (e.g. yellow or orange pepper, orange, or grapefruit)

Wednesday – Purple or Blue Fruit or Vegetable (e.g. raisins, plum, or blueberries)

Thursday – Red Fruit or Vegetable (e.g. red apple, beet, or strawberries)

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thank you for your support,

Mrs. Pook

Reminders – Week of September 24-29

Hello everyone,

This is a friendly reminder that students do not attend school tomorrow, Monday September 25th, as it is a school-based Professional Development Day.

In addition, on Tuesday September 26th, all students will be dismissed at 2:00 to allow teachers to meet with parents during the Welcome Conversations.  These run from 2:00 – 6:00.  If you don’t know your scheduled time, please email me A.S.A.P.

Thanks,

Christina Pook

Reminder-West Coast Recess

Hello everyone,

Fall is nearly here, which means rainy weather is coming too.  

This is a friendly reminder that Glenwood has adopted a ‘West Coast Recess’ policy this school year.  This means all students will be spending their recess break outside, even in rainy and cold weather conditions.

Students in grades Kindergarten to Grade 2 will be allowed to access the undercover area, near room 5.  All other students will be allowed to be on the playground, behind the school, in front of the school, and on the lower field.

Students are encouraged to bring an umbrella, rain boots, and a rain jacket with hood to enjoy the rainy weather.  Please remember to label all of your children’s belongings.

Thanks,

Christina Pook

Welcome Back

Hello everyone,

My name is Christina Pook, and I will be the classroom teacher in division 3 this year.  I am looking forward to another fun and successful school year at Glenwood.

First, a little about me:  This is my sixth year teaching at Glenwood Elementary.  I live in New Westminster with my family, my husband, 2 year old daughter, and dog, Blue.  Most weekends, you will find us walking the boardwalk on the Fraser River waterfront at New Westminster’s Quay or playing at a local park.

I had a relaxing and enjoyable summer vacation with my family.  We were able to get away to some local destinations including, Pender Harbour on the Sunshine Coast, and an annual family camping trip, nick-named, “The Pook-a-thon” (yes, it does exist!).

Now, a little about this blog.  This blog is  being used as an additional communication tool between school and home.  Please have a look through the different menus for information about Glenwood and the classroom in particular.  If you would like to be updated electronically when new information is posted to the blog, please subscribe to the mailing list by inputting your preferred email address in the box on the right of this page.

As always, if you have any questions, please contact me.  I typically check my work email once per day.  However, please give me 2 business days to respond to any emails.  If it is an urgent matter, please give the school office a call.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the Parent-Teacher Conferences, scheduled for Tuesday, September 26th from 2:00 – 6:00.

Christina Pook

Christina.pook@sd41.bc.ca