Scholarships are funded by the dues of BCGEU members. You are eligible if you are related to a current, retired or deceased BCGEU (BC Government Service and Employees Union) member or staff; and are a student or prospective post-secondary or higher learning student enrolled, registered or planning to attend an eligible educational institution in 2023.
multiple @ $2,000 (full-time students) and $1,000 (part-time students)
online by midnight Sunday April 16, 2023.
In addition to applying online here, applicants must submit a short essay of 450 – 500 words in response to one of the following topics for their essay:
- Workplace health and safety is a core value of the labour movement. What role do unions play to ensure the health and safety of workers? How has health and safety in the workplace evolved?
- Describe a protest you have seen or taken part in and the positive ways it has changed your perspective, your life or your community.
- If you were a leader in a position of power, what steps would you take to implement the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People and who would you involve?
- How has the rising cost of inflation affected your community? Has it impacted your ability to seek a higher education? How? What part do unions play to address the rising cost of living?
- What challenges have you faced in your life that led you to seek higher education? What helped you on this journey? What other resources would support this goal?
More details @ https://www.bcgeu.ca/scholarships
Scholarships are posted on the Italian Cultural Centre website and require at least one parent to be of Italian Heritage.
multiple @ $500
online by May 31, 2023.
Guidelines and applications found here: https://italianculturalcentre.ca/school/scholarships/
Boom & Bucket is offering a scholarship of $1,000 to be awarded each year to a student pursuing a heavy machinery themed program. This scholarship is available to both currently enrolled students and future students who are planning to attend a program within the next 12 months. The program can be at a college or a trade school anywhere in the United States or Canada.
multiple @ $1000
online by 12:00PM central time on June 15th of each calendar year.
To apply, students must write a 500+ word essay or record a 2-minute video explaining who you are and what makes you excited about the heavy equipment space.
Winners will be chosen by July 15th. The winning scholarship will be paid directly to the school as a tuition payment.
Submit an application
Looking for BC student leaders who are entering their first year of post secondary education, are in good academic standing and have made exceptional contributions in the following areas:
- School and community service, leadership
- Initiating community development
- Affecting positive change
- Mentoring others
- Personal development and growth
- Good academic performance
4 @ $2,500
Please submit your application by 5 PM MAY 1st, 2023 to (please note no electronic applications will be accepted):
Trevor Linden Community Spirit Scholarship
89 West Georgia
** Applications will only be accepted by mail. Emailed and faxed applications will not be accepted. **
Download and complete the components of the application. here https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/322298168/binary-file/file.pdf
Additional info at https://www.nhl.com/canucks/community/lindenscholarship
Recipients will be notified at the end of June.
The Canadian Scholarship Trust Foundation supports access to post-secondary education (PSE) for all Canadians. We are passionate about higher learning and believe that finances should not be a barrier to accessing post-secondary education.
In honour of notable members of the Canadian Scholarship Trust family, we are excited to provide $150,000 worth of bursaries to students facing financial barriers in order to help them access post-secondary education. The bursary can be used to cover tuition as well as school-related expenses such as books, supplies, or living expenses.
The bursaries are intended for students who can demonstrate financial need, and whose financial need may make it difficult for them to continue their studies. Students must be the first generation in their family to attend post-secondary education*.
25x $6k Bursaries
Online by April 14th, 2023.
Apply online @ https://www.cstfoundation.ca/about-cst-foundation
- A short essay on your financial need
- A short essay about your accomplishments
- A statement about your future aspirations
- One reference letter
- High school transcript (unofficial is fine)
- Admission decision letter (when available) from an eligible post-secondary institution showing acceptance for the 2023-24 school year
*Eligible PSE institutions include apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma; college, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma; university certificate or diploma below bachelor level; or a university degree.
BC Tech is proud to provide grants to students who have a proven passion for technology, a desire to leave a mark in the tech sector and are pursuing a post-secondary education in a technology-related program.
Graduating grade 12 applicants must:
- Show passion for the technology sector, involvement in the tech community, and desire to leave a mark in the future of technology;
- Be accepted into a publicly funded, BC-based post-secondary educational institution in a minimum 2-year program beginning September 2023*;
- Be a permanent resident, landed immigrant or Canadian citizen; and
- Have a minimum 3.2 GPA.
* Graduating Grade 12 students who have not yet received a letter of enrolment are still eligible to apply. Once shortlisted, proof of enrolment will be required by 31 May 2023.
3 grants of $2,500 for grade 12 graduates entering post-secondary
The Spirit of BC Tech Scholarship fund bursary will also award an additional $1000 grant to one post-secondary and one grade 12 student who best exemplifies the values of BC’s tech sector, this year the focus is on ambition.
Applications close at midnight on 13th April, 2023.
Go to https://wearebctech.com/events/technology-impact-awards-tias/2023-bc-tech-scholarship/ to fill out application.
The Grace Family Network Foundation scholarship fund awards deserving high school graduates in financial need. The awards are intended to encourage students who are pursuing a post-secondary education and who have demonstrated not only academic achievement but also interest in their communities.
Currently registered in Grade 12
Criteria: students with outstanding academic and leadership achievements demonstrating financial need
Evidence of enrolment or application to a post-secondary school in the 2023-2024 academic year
- essay component:
A one page essay on “Why is community involvement important to you?” (see application form for more details)
3 @ $500
Online by May 31, 2023.
More info at http://www.gfnf.org/