We have reorganised the working spaces in the library today to improve Health & Safety provisions.
Please note the following changes:
- Patrons are permitted to sit only one person per table unless they’re here with their cohort class.
- All permitted table/computer seating has been labelled either A, B, or C.
- Cohort classes may access all labelled seats, but should fill ‘A’s before ‘B’s before ‘C’s in their designated classroom zone.
- Outside of cohort classes, only ‘A’ seats are permitted to be occupied (1 per table in most cases).
- Extra chairs (from ‘B’ and ‘C’ seats) have been removed. Cohorts who need to access those spaces (to sit 30 in the main class zone) will be able to access the extra chairs. We are asking that they restack them before they leave.
- All loungers and carrels are permitted at all times unless noted on the chair.
- There are only TWO tables large enough to seat two patrons outside of cohorts (they do not have a view of the projection screen)
- Patrons must maintain social distance from all others (even in cohorts).
- 6 computers are unavailable outside of cohorts to maintain distancing.
- Maximum number of seats available is 50 (outside of cohorts). Staff reserve the right to cap occupancy at lower attendance depending on staffing, etc.
All patrons must continue to:
- Sanitize their hands every time they enter the Library.
- Sign-in/out (unless they’re here with a booked class).
- Sit only at workspaces with GREEN “Clean” signs.
- Flip the sign at their workspace to the RED “Dirty” side when they claim a space.
- Touch only their own tables/seats.
- Touch only resources they wish to evaluate/use. Return unwanted resources to cart (if with a class booking) OR put in the red bins if just browsing.
- Keep food/drink in bags (no eating permitted; resealable drinks are okay, but they must stay in your bag when not in use).
Also, please remember that if you need to print documents, you need to do so BEFORE SCHOOL, AT LUNCH, or AFTER SCHOOL and that the distancing requirements means that PCs will be in more demand. If PC’s are available during class periods (which is not always the case), we will designate only one PC for ‘I just need to print’ to maintain better distance from classes booked in the library.
Also, if you need to come to the library (to print, get a book, etc.) during class, we require you bring a note from their teacher with their name, the reason for their visit, and the teacher’s signature and room number. However, due to class bookings and reduced staffing, we may have to turn such visitors away.