A big thank you to all the students who attended our first Library Club meeting of the year. It’s always wonderful to meet students who are as excited about the library as we are! Remember, all applications are due this Friday, September 28th by 3:45.
The Library Club prides itself on being one of Burnaby North’s largest clubs. It is great club to meet people and many of our members join year after year. We’re inviting interested students to attend an organizational meeting on Tuesday, September 25th at lunch where we will discuss the different committees the library club has in detail. They are as follows:
- Circulation Desk and Shelvers and Helpers work before school, at lunch or after school on assigned days.
- The Decorators are students with an artistic flair who decorate the library and promote library events.
- The Archivists, gathers articles and photos to maintain archives of activities and achievements of Burnaby North students.
- Members of the Bibliophile, write and produce posts for the Library’s blog.
- Vikings Talk members promote the Vikings Read selections and meet regularly for book club-type sessions.
Welcome back everyone! Hopefully you have all had a fun summer and are ready to get back into the swing of things. The library staff has spent the summer reading (hopefully, you have too) and building a list of recomendations for you. We’ll be opening tomorrow but circulation will start Monday, September 10th. Come and visit us when you get the chance!