Student-led interviews will take place on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 in the Moscrop Library.
The schedule for the April 12th Interviews is now posted. Click HERE. Please see Dato if you have any tech or special needs/requirements. Change requests will not be accommodated.
Remember the following:
- Dress appropriately for an interview (no jeans, no revealing shirts/skirts or inappropriate logos, etc.) Outfit pictures from last previous year’s Student Led Interviews.
- BE 10 MINUTES EARLY (for attendance & check in)
- Shake the interviewer’s hand at the beginning to introduce yourself as well as at the conclusion of the interview
- Bring your Transition Guide, Resume (corrected and reprinted) and 2-3 pieces of “evidence”
- Your evidence should represent your growth over the last 3 years (and should be something you are passionate about and/or proud of and/or represents your future career)
- Be prepared to present “Who you are” for about 5 minutes
- Be prepared to answer interview questions for about 5 minutes
- Smile, enjoy the process and be proud of who you have become
Note: need technology for your presentation? You must let Mrs. Dato know at least one week before the interviews. Grads of 2017 can begin preparing for their presentation by completing the Transition Guide by the January deadline and by collecting and analyzing 2 – 3 pieces of evidence that they can show to illustrate their skills and how they relate to their future.
Take the time to read the above documents to help prepare further.
2017 Guest Interview List
On April 12 we will welcome the following esteemed guests to interview our Grade 12 students:
|Brenda Laface||District Substance Abuse Prevention Worker|
|Claudio Bortolussi||Principal of Chaffey-Burke Elementary|
|Colleen Sawatsky||Retired Teacher|
|Daniel Tetrault||Second Vice President, Burnaby Teachers’ Association|
|David Chin||Assistant Manager, Information Technology Services, BBY SD41|
|Deanna Azzara||Executive Assistant, BBY SD 41|
|Elaine Dun||Senior Manager, Offic of the CEO, Coast Capital Savings|
|Garth Errico||Director of Instruction, BBY SD 41|
|Jillian Lewis||Vice-President of Bby Principals’ & Vice-Principals Association|
|Joann Barbone||Teacher, Burnaby Online|
|Jodie Wilson||Communication Services Manager, BBY SD41|
|Laura Dato||Graduation Transitions Advisor, Moscrop Secondary School|
|Leanne Sjodin||First Vice President, Burnaby Teachers’ Association (& English Teacher)|
|Matt Foley||Manager, Maintenance – Energy, BBY SD41|
|Natalya Khan||Cultural Transition Coordinator, BBY SD41|
|Patricia Finlay||Teacher Librarian Program Consultant|
|Paul Arthur||Career Transition Programs Consultant, BBY SD41|
|Paul Holden||President/CEO, Burnaby Board of Trade|
|Roberto Bombelli||Assistant Superintendent|
|Roy Uyeno||Deputy Secretary-Treasurer, BBY SD41|
|Sally Stacey||Marketing Manager, International Education, BBY SD41|
|Samsara Marriott||Youth Program Specialist, Science World|
|Steve Quelch||Retired Business Owner, Ever-Cold Storage Ltd.|
|Suzanne Vardy||District Child Abuse Prevention Worker|
|Tanis Anderson||District Literacy Consultant, BBY SD41|
|Terry Gomez||Health & Safety Officer, BBY SD41|