ISTEP – Interdisciplinary Skills Trades Exploration Program (Technology & Trades Exploration)
This program is a unique opportunity for Grade 10 students to explore technology and the trades, learn skills, and build specialist knowledge for in-demand careers of today and the future.
Students combine academic studies and skills explorations to fulfill graduation requirements. Areas of study include: Mechanics, Robotics, Electronics, Electrical, Carpentry,Welding, Plumbing, Metal Fabrication, and 3D printing applications.
For more information contact Ms. Tracey Wispinski (Room 313).
Combine academic studies and trades exploration elective courses leading to secondary school graduation.
- Learn about careers of tomorrow
- Develop job-ready and problem-solving skills
- Work with other students in a collaborative team environment
- Work with specialized teachers on practical projects
- Gain hands-on experience using machinery and hand tools
- Consider and or prepare for transitions to Burnaby Schools Industry Training Programs
What are you made of? ITA