The Burnaby Camping Bureau provides subsidies for Burnaby children from low income households to attend a week of summer day camp. Our subsidies of $100 (maximum) will allow children the opportunity to attend a local camp that their families would otherwise be unable to afford.
To qualify, you must be a resident of Burnaby, have children ages of 5-12yrs, be of low income and have supporting documentation.
The following documents MUST be presented at the time of your appointment:
- A Proof of Income Statement (C-Print) for the year 2021 for BOTH parents (if married/living common law)
- This is a document that is only available if requested through the Canada Revenue Agency (It is NOT your Notice of Assessment)
- To order it from the CRA, call 1.800.267.6999 for automated service, or 1.800.959.8281, press * to speak with an operator. You can also find the document under “Proof of Income Statement” through ‘My Accounts’ online.
- Recent Proof of Address – ex: copy of home utility bill (hydro, gas, cable, internet or landline phone) dated within 2 months of the application.
- ONE of the child’s IDs: Care Card, PR card, Passport, or Birth Certificate.
Parents MUST know which local day camp they are sending their child to when they arrive for their appointment, as well as have all the required documentation. Please have several choices of camp programs and dates, as camps fill up their spaces quickly. We will not be able to help you if you don’t have a chosen camp or missing information.
To book an appointment or for more information, please call Marney at 604.292.3900
Appointments take place at Burnaby Community Services, 2055 Rosser Ave, Burnaby.