With the increased interest in iPhones/iPads/iPods in the classroom and some schools running mini-pilot programs with these technologies, I thought I would have a few math-related apps that can be used to support learning. The following comes from a list first published by Edudemic, a blog around technology and education.
- MathBoard: a stunning app for teaching addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems.
- Ruler: use your finger to drag the marker across the screen to get instant dimensions displayed.
- Math Quizzer: an interactive and fun (they all say they are fun) way to learn and boost your skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ace Kids Math Games: using fun animations with prize rewards, kids can learn to count, add and subtract.
- Math Bingo: solving problems (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) to get a ‘bingo line’ and win ‘math bugs’ that can be used in a bungy game.
- eSolver HD: this enables you to solve quadratic equations.
- Make Change: practice counting change and doing addition problems.
- Park Math: for pre-school and kindergarten students
- Motion Math Zoom: learning place value
- Motion Math: estimate and perceive fractions in multiple forms.
There are thousands other applications for the iPad/iPod/iPhone. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!