Great Books

Hi,  What are you reading and what do you think about this book?  Would you recommend it?

39 responses to “Great Books

1. Have you ever felt like your house would be broken into and people would be killed day in and day out? Well, these people in this book do. Whispers from the Ghettos has stories about people that were trapped in ghettos and survived the Holocaust. The cool thing about this book is that the stories are actually told to the author by the people that were trapped in the ghettos. This is a great book – sad at parts, but at other times it makes your heart race. It talks about how determined people were to stay alive and be free. This book is a 5/5 to me. I would recommend this book for people who are grade 5 and up.

2. The Son of Neptune
    Have you ever wanted to save the world in just four days? Knowing that you have to get from California to Alaska to save Thanatos god of death and get back in time to save your home from a giant’s army. Probably not, but Percy, Frank and Hazel have to go and free Thanatos in order to save a Roman camp from a undying army of Greek/Roman monsters. If the three friends don’t save Thanatos and get back in time to the Roman half-blood (children of a mortal and a god/goddess) camp, Rome will fall and Geia (mother Earth) will destroy the gods. This book is full of suspense and exciment and is okay for kids ages 10 and up. I would recommend this book for kids who love adventure, exciment and Greek/Roman mythology.

3. The Hunger Games is an extremely good book. Katniss Everdeen is a young teenager who’s thrown into the Capitol to attend the Hunger Games. I enjoyed the Hunger Games very much because it’s very exhilerating, exciting, breathtaking and fastpaced. I couldn’t put the book down, and if I were to give it a rating out of five, I would make it five out of five.

4. The book I chose was Hamish X and the cheese pirates. Imagine being trapped in orphanages and being moved all the time. Well Hamish X knows how it feels and he wants it to stop happening by escaping the last orphanage he ever goes to. This book was difficult to put down and I don’t read that much. Personally I rate this book 5/5. This book is really suited for Grade 5 and up.

5. The book I chose was Hamish X and the Cheese Pirates. Imagine being trapped in orphanages and being moved all the time? Well Hamish X knows how it feels and he wants it to stop happening by escaping the last orphanage he will ever go to. This book was difficult to put down and I don’t read that much. Personally I rate this book 5/5. This book is really suited for Grade 5 and up.

6. This book is a gut buster for funny laughs and gross pranks to pull on your friends and family. 100 percent pure fake is for people that do not have a weak stomach. This book you can make you look like something happened to you and it has tons of cool pranks. What prank will you pull on your friends or family first? I rate this book 9 out of 10:)! You need some materials to make some of the pranks though, That’s why I did not add that 1 mark. I think this book is for people 10 and older.

7. Green Day Revealed
    The book I chose was Green day revealed. Have you ever wanted to be rock star? Well this book is all about how the band Green Day got together, how they got their costumes and how they got the name Green Day. It’s a great book if you like music because it’s all about how they made all their songs. One thing is you have to be about 10 years old to get all the words that are really hard to read and hard to understand.

8. Did you ever want to know if Bigfoot was just a guy in a suit or the loch Ness monster just the top of a submarine oh and don’t forget how to make a crop circle well you will figure that out when you read this book. I would recommend this book to people who want to learn about what is real and what is just hoax. I think this book is for Grades 2 to 5. This was a fun book to read I thought it was very well written. I would rate this book five out of five because it was so interesting and it was a very easy read. I really enjoyed this book and I hope you will enjoy it too!

9. zoobeak is great book and it was funny and the main characters were griffin and ben.

10. Did you ever want to know if Bigfoot was just a guy in a suit or the loch Ness monster just the top of a submarine oh and don’t forget how to make a crop circle well you will figure that out when you read this book. I would recommend this book to people who want to learn about what is real and what is just hoax. I think this book is for Grades 2 to 5. This was a fun book to read I thought it was very well written. I would rate this book five out of five because it was so interesting and it was a very easy read. I really enjoyed this book and I hope you will enjoy it too! I learned a lot of new things from this one book

11. Imagine if you were forced to battle all of the Greek monsters of legend imagine if you were realated to some of the most powerful beings ever Known to man. Well thats what happens to 15 year old Percy Jackson has to defend the empire state building with fortey people against thousand of the most terrible creatures of thge world and his mom and step dad. The odds are one to a million but will he be able to do it.

12. Imagine if you were forced to battle all of the Greek monsters of legend imagine if you were realated to some of the most powerful beings ever Known to man. Well thats what happens to 15 year old Percy Jackson has to defend the empire state building with fortey people against thousand of the most terrible creatures of thge world and his mom and step dad. The odds are one to a million but will he be able to do it. The last Oliympian is a good book.

13. Did you ever want to know if Bigfoot was just a guy in a suit or the loch Ness monster just the top of a submarine oh and don’t forget how to make a crop circle well you will figure that out when you read this book. I would recommend this book to people who want to learn about what is real and what is just hoax. I think this book is for Grades 2 to 5. This was a fun book to read I thought it was very well written. I would rate this book five out of five because it was so interesting and it was a very easy read. I really enjoyed this book and I hope you will enjoy it too! I learned a lot from this one book I never new most of the things that are in this book.

14. I loved the book N.E.R.D.S because it is hilarious and includes suspense and spy nerds. What if you were a popular jock, but then one day you get braces and your whole life changes? Then you become a unpopular nerd and you become a spy and you might die any second? Well young Jackson Jones had all that happen to him in just a week! I would give this book a 9/10 aka 4/5 or 99/100 what ever way you put it. I would recommend this book to kids age 6 to 12 although it does have a few hard words like analyze or national. Make sure to read the 3rd chapter before you judge it. Hope you like it!

15. Did you ever want to know if Bigfoot was just a guy in a suit or the loch Ness monster just the top of a submarine oh and don’t forget how to make a crop circle well you will figure that out when you read this book. I would recommend this book to people who want to learn about what is real and what is just hoax. I think this book is for Grades 2 to 5. This was a fun book to read I thought it was very well written. I would rate this book five out of five because it was so interesting and it was a very easy read. I really enjoyed this book and I hope you will enjoy it too!

16. I read the book canucks Legands. The canucks legands book talks about Canucks legands for example in the book it talk about Trevour linden and how long he played for the canucks. The book dates back to 1863. I rate this book 10/10.

17. Darke
    Have you ever wanted your home to be invaded by Darke monsters and it to be your duty to save your home. Personally no, but it happens to Princess Jenna and Septumis Heap on their birthday and it is Septimus’s duty to try to save the people before terrible things happen. With help from his friends and family, Septimus must go through the Darke halls to revoke Alther Mella who has been banished in hope that Alther can help them undo the Darke Domaine. This book has a blend suspense and excitment and I would reccomend this for ages 10 and over.

18. Do you know how it feels to be sent away over seas and going to a family that you dont even know? The Sky Is Falling was a great adventures book i really liked it. if I had to give the book a mark out of 10 I would give it
    10/10. I hope you enjoy The Sky Is Falling.

19. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a book about a guy who talks to hiself in a journal and allways acts like a wimp. If I were to rate this book i’d give it 10 out of 10.

20. A Hat Full of Sky
    ‘Crivens!’ When the eleven year witch Tiffany casually steps out of her body, leaving it empty, she doesn’t know the risk. There is something acient and horrible just waiting for a body to take over… and it can’t die. And the Wee Free Men, the tiny blue skin pictsies who will fight anything and everything, might not even be able to save her this time. I would suggest this book for anyone who likes fantasty and adventure. This book has no violence in it, though I would still suggest it for ages ten and up.

21. Book Report: The Selected Works Of T.S. Spivet
    Genre: Adventure/Drama
    Audience: Grade 5+
    Have you ever heard of a cartographer? If not, A cartographer is someone who makes graphs and diagrams of almost everything. Enter T.S. Spivet, a 12 year old cartographer who lives on a tiny ranch in Montana. His friend Dr. Yorn likes Spivet’s work, so he decides to send it to Science magazine and the Smithsonian Museum. They also like Spivet’s work, so they offer him to come accept an award. Only two problems: They don’t know he’s 12, and he can’t drive. So what does he do? Hobo across America, of course!
    I find this book very interesting because it mixes two odd topics (cartography and adolescence) and comes out with a funny, heartfelt and exciting adventure.

22. ‘The Hunger Games’ is the best book ever and a must read! I’d recomend this to ages 11+ but if you’re within that age group, READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!

23. The Hunger Games
    When Katniss Everdeen volunteers to take her sister’s place in The Hunger Games, she has no idea what she has gotten herself into. I was intrigued by this book. It is about an adventure that changes Katniss’ life. This book is really interesting and I rate it a 5/5. It is absolutely incredible. It involves adventure, action and romance, but not enough romance to bug a guy. The 24 tributes from the 12 districts will be put in an arena and will have to fight till their death. Only one comes out. It would be appropriate for ages 11 or older. I’m on the 2nd book of the trilogy and because of the first one; I’m dying to finish this one and move on to the 3rd one.

24. Nathaly Andrade

Book: Guinness World Book Of Records 2008
    Audience: grade 4+

This book is all about around the world and there are animals, people, pop stars, and all kinds of other stuff. In this book all of the people who are popular. ¬This book is a great book. This book has lots of gross things .

25. Imagine having to survive multiple life-threatening situations over a course of 4 years. Perhaps after all that you should be able to have a peaceful life, but that’s not the case for Percy Jackson. After 4 books of adventure and action, Rick Riordan creates the most promising quest yet in The Last Olympian, where one hero’s decision decides the fate of the whole world. This book is full of adventure and science-fiction. It is recommended for ages 10 and up.

26. bob@bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

ARK ANGEL

Have you ever thought of being a kid spy, well Alex rider is and at the age of 14. A new space hotel is being built that is being built by a Russian multimillionaire and Alex Rider is the only one that can stop the new space hotel from being destroyed by eco-terrorists that will kill anybody who gets in their way. I highly recommend this book to grade six to grade nines. This is an action/adventure book. Also an amazing book is by Anthony Horowits.

27. The Hunger Games I would recommend. This book is really the best book I have ever read in my life so far. The book contains a lot of action and a bite of some suspense but I found some parts of the book boring. Overall the book is great and it continues into second book of the series. I would recommend it to Gr.6 and up. Do READ THIS BOOK! b

28. This book was amazing.
    It gets you emotional while you read, such as upsetting, happy and scared.
    Not only is it a good book, but it teaches you a lesson abouting not giving out personal information on the internet or getting to attacthed to them.
    In the book, one of the girls gets kidnapped, and this makes me think that this could happen to anyone, even me.
    I defintely recommend this book, especially for people who like mystery and enjoy being a little scared. I give it 4 out of 5. (:

29. Imagine fighting to death on live TV just for the entertainment of strangers, in The Hunger Games, this is how the government keeps power over the 12 outlying districts. When Katniss’s sister, Prim gets chosen to fight Katniss forces herself to volunteer to take Prim’s spot, to fight in the blood bath. This book gets a 9.5/10. I would suggest this to practically anyone that wants to read a fantastic book! This action-packed adventure novel keeps you on the edge of your seat while Katniss not only fights for her life but also her love. Who will win the 74th Annual Hunger Games?

30. Dear Jo
    Would you ever imagine, your best friend going missing? Even worse, trying to help them find her? That is exactly what happened to Maxine when her and her best friend Leah go behind their parents backs just to use the internet and everything goes wrong. I would rate this book a 5/5 because it is very exciting and you are always wondering what is going to happen next. I think this book is good for ages 10 and older. I have read this book 3 times because it is so intriguing and it never gets old.

31. DEAR JO:

This book was amazing.

32. The Golden Retriever Smart Owners Guide I would recommed to people who like dogs in general.It contained valuable information about what it takes to be a good responsible dog owner of a Golden Retriever, like finding a repuable breeder, selecting the best puupy, training and grooming. You never know in the future you might get a Golden RetrieverJ

33. Wanting Mor ( it is suposed to be spelled M O R) is an amazing book (so far) about a young girl who has to cope with a series of dificult and confuseing events with out her mother.
    You should defantaly read this book!!!!

34. Shadow the hedgehog

Amulet
    The Cloud Searchers

I think The Cloud Searchers is one of the greatest books in the Amulet series because I find a lot of parts of the story really excite me. It is the third book in the series and the story is about a young stone keeper in training who must find the lost city of Ceilis with the help of her friends and two elves who were once her enemies but the journey is dangerous and there is an assassin trying to stop them from saving the world.

35. Mortal Engines
    How would you feel if your hero ruined your life, right after you saved them from getting killed? In a city-eat-city world, moving cities are all the rage. Smaller towns are on the run from bigger cities, and Tom Natsworthy’s city, London, is holding a dangerous secret. The author of this book created an amazing future world, and I loved how he switched point of view from character to character. I would give this book a 5/5 and recommend it to grades 7 and up.

36. Skulduggery Pleasant
    Who is Skulduggery Pleasant? He is a detective, mentor, old warrior… oh, did I mention walking, talking flame-throwing skeleton? Who is Stephanie Edgley? A normal 12 year old who has just inherited a fortune from her recently dead uncle who died of a heart attack… or did he? Suprisingly, the two team up to try to figure out the death of Stephanie’s uncle. Throughout the series, the detective parteners discover secerects both wonderful and terrifying. This book is impossible to put down, with exiting twists, funny conversations and magical fights. This book is perfect for anyone who has a big imagination and loves magic, fanasty, mystery and adventure. This series does have violent parts to it though, so I would recomend it to people no younger than 10.

37. Taran Wanderer series
    Taran is a young boy who lives in a small town, and helps care for the white pig that lives on the farm. So when the special prophecy-reading pig runs away, he has to find it. On his adventure he meets a shaggy creature who never seems to not be hungery, a snappy mouthed princess, who has the characteristics opposite to what a royal should have, and a bard, who plays the harp so beautifully it could calm an angry mountain lion. They travel on an epic search for the pig… while at the same time trying to avoide evil. Which by the way is impossible with a new enemy on the march … The Horned King. And thats just the first book. Within the series, Taran goes on countless quests, alone and with his friends, discovering secerects, being betrayd, losing ones he cared about and fighting evil. This book has plenty of mystery and adventure, and full of medivel fantasty. This book has very minimal violence, so I would suggest it to ages 8 and up.