If there’s one thing you can count on in Learning Technologies is that change is a constant. No longer can you rely on getting comfortable with only one tool; before you know it another version or upgrade is available. Even worse is when your favourite resource has been shelved and you’re on the hunt for another. Some of the following may pertain to you or it may peek an interest to find out more.
- Raz-Kids (our famous online support for reading fluency and comprehension) has changed its weblink and management look. New weblink is: kidsa-z.com (Please ensure that you have changed your links on class blogs and school websites.)
- Sd41 Blog/website – new supports (ask us about doing things a little different, additional tools or widgets). Great way to tell your story, student stories, communicate with parent community and go green.
- Google Drive – changes/updates to this collaborative writing/sharing resource may make life easier
- Digital citizenship framework – new this year (contact us for more information). Citizenship belongs at every level.
- Review of online math resources (replacing Destination Success) – interested in test driving? (contact us)
- Padlet (online brainstorm/collaborative board) – It now has an app for ipad users. Create a teacher account so you can expand it to students. (Content reside on US servers.)
- Book Creator (ipad app) – extended video section to integrate Thinglink (online, app for interactive posters) and Google Drive. A powerful way to write and capture your learning story.
- New BC curriculum – get the latest to explore – https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/
- ARC-BC – register for a new year. Information and training: http://www.arc-bc.org/
For more information, please contact our Learning Technologies team. You can also surf our blog site, http://blogs.sd41.bc.ca/learningtech