We’ve recently posted a slew of learning opportunites in the online Staff Development Calendar Here is a quick listing of what is coming up in the next few weeks. Please share these details with staff and encourage them to be part of a learning community that uses technology in creative ways.
- SCIT – - ‘Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results’ Albert Einstein ~ Join the SCIT Program
- Spoken Ink – Enhance your Oral Language program and Self Assessment Using Technology
Oral language is a critical component of literacy. The goal is to communicate ideas, information, and feelings critically, creatively, and articulately, using various media. This series may include cameras, audio recorders, cloud technologies, and/or other mobile devices.
- JumpStart your Blog: Blogging for Beginners and Newbies
Did you recently start your SD41 Blog and need a bit of a refresher to get going? Or have you heard about blogging and wanted to get started with one of your own?
- “Becoming Friends with Technology” ~ Re-establish Harmony in Your Daily Life - For Tech Liaisons Only
- Creating a Community of Writers
This series will explore ways to engage students in the writing process. Participants will work with a variety of tools that will support them in their classroom practice such as Google Docs and Webspiration.
- Extending Thinking Through Blogs
This series will focus on creating opportunities for natural discussion, critical thinking, extensive reading, interaction and collaboration amongst students. Participants will learn to use blogs as a tool to facilitate learning and thinking.
- FAST FORWORD – Part 1: Introduction and Implementation
- FAST FORWORD – Introduction to Reading Levels
More Sessions Coming!!! If you require assistance, please do not hesitate to email me: email@example.com