Buckingham Pumpkin Patch

Buckingham turned into a punmpkin patch today!

On this cool foggy morning, some fabulous grade 7’s turned the front of Buckingham into a pumpkin patch. After lunch we went to the gym with our big buddies, for some fun pumpkin themed activities like over/under pumpkin pass, pumpkin boogie, and pumpkin bowling. Once the stations were complete, we headed outside to pick the perfect pumpkin. Everyone was so excited! Once the perfect pumpkin was selected by everyone, the amazing volunteer parents served up some delicious hot chocolate complete with mini marshmallows! We returned to class to examine our pumpkins more closely. We drew a detailed picture of it and completed a descriptive writing piece. Tomorrow we will turn our pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns, by carving them with the help of our big buddies. I can’t wait to  see how they turn out!

Welcome to Div. 7

img_1089Welcome to Div. 7. We are a grade 2/3 class with 20 students. I am so excited to begin a new school year with a wonderful bunch of students.  I have the privilege of being the Head Teacher this year at Buckingham and will be out of the classroom on Tuesdays. Mrs. Di Lorenzo will be teaching the class on Tuesdays, while I attend to my Head Teacher duties. I am looking forward to getting to know your child and you! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have. Let’s have a wonderful year together!