This weeks wacky schedule

hello everyone!

Notices will be returned Monday with the times for parent teacher conferences. Almost everyone in the class chose Wednesday between 2 and 3. Unfortunately there were only 4 slots at that time so I have had to schedule people in as close as I can. There are lots of spots available Thursday between 2 and 3:30 if you would like to switch. Let me know. 

Early Dismissal at 1:45 Wednesday and Thursday  

Friday is a pro d day. No school for students. 

Thanks!

Hot lunch

If you are interested in ordering hot lunch from the PAC that is delivered on Wednesdays, the online order form is now available. 

Here is the link:

https://munchalunch.com/login.aspx

You can pay online or drop off a cheque/exact cash at the office  

School Supplies

Hi

A standard school supply list has been made available for students. I have a few changes:

Only 10 Duotangs are needed not 15.
1 binder is needed for Math. 1 1/2 size please. Hard covered so that it will stand up on a shelf.

We use tables and not desks. Due to this, students are required to be very clean and organized with their supplies. Duotangs are kept in separate subject baskets. Pencil cases will be kept at the table during the day and then put into their cubbies for storage. They each have a box in their cubbies to keep their art supplies and extra items. Please have students bring a standard size pencil box or pencil bag. Please do not send enormous pencil boxes as they take up a lot of space.

Students are asked not to bring any toys or special personal items to school. Students become very distressed when things become lost or broken. Toys are also distracting during class.

Cell phones are not to be used during school time and should be kept in backpacks from 9-3.

Planners should be brought to school everyday and will be checked weekly. Vocabulary words will be recorded into the planner on Mondays and then be quizzed on Fridays.

Thanks!

Welcome

Hello everyone,

Im super excited to welcome everyone to an exciting new school year. Students will be receiving planners next week that they will be filling out daily to keep up with everything that is happening at Westridge and in class.

I will be updating on this blog regularly with parent information, class activities and field trips.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please email me at renee.kerluke@sd41.bc.ca.