Picnic Potluck to Start at 12:20 on Thursday

Bonjour!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I just wanted to write a post to let families know that I have changed the time of the picnic potluck on Thursday to 12:20 instead of 11:30. This will give the students a chance to play outside during lunch before they eat. As well, I will have time to set up the potluck, either outside on the grassy area by the spider net, or in the classroom if the weather doesn’t cooperate.

I also wanted to let families know that this Thursday, June 15 will be my last day before I start my maternity leave rather than June 23. I want to say a big thank you to all the students and families that make up our division 7 community for your ongoing support during the 2016-17 school year. I have really enjoyed my time working with your children this year and I wish you all a wonderful summer and all the best going into grade 4! I will keep the class posted about when the baby arrives and send in a photo if it happens before the school year is done. Take care et passez de bonnes vacances! 🙂 

Picnic Potluck Google Form Sign up

Bonjour Parents!

I have added a new page onto the blog where you can sign up for the picnic potluck if you wish. I made it a google form, so it is dynamic, meaning that it constantly updates itself. This way you can see what other families are bringing to avoid doubling up on food items. There is no need to have a google account. You just have to click on the link (attached to the word HERE on the page) and the form will pop up. If you aren’t sure what to bring just yet, you can also check back on the link at anytime as I have made it open to be edited by anyone. I will keep the google doc up until the day of the potluck.

I also wanted to make a correction to the class calendar regarding Brantford’s Got Talent. The registration forms are due to the office on Tuesday, June 13. Auditions will be happening later that week and the following week. The change in the calendar is in regards to the day of the performance. It has been moved from Tuesday, June 20 to the following Tuesday, June 27. 

June Calendar and Newsletter Posted

Bonjour!

I have posted the June calendar and newsletter for division 7 under For Parents. There is information about upcoming events in the newsletter including a walking field trip to Rene Memorial spray park next week. 

As well, the school-wide earthquake drill is tomorrow beginning at 1:45. The students can begin to be picked up at approximately 2:15 and there will be Brantford staff out on the field to give parents further information. If you are not able to pick your child up during the drill, you can pick them up from the classroom at 3pm.

Just a reminder as well that Friday is a pro-d day and students do not attend.

Merci, and have a great evening! 🙂 

Error on List B Total and No School on Monday

Bonjour!

I realized at the end of the day that in my haste to mark the dictee tests by the end of the day that I had miscalculated the total of list B. The total should be out of 61 NOT 71, sorry about that! If you child wants me to adjust the score they can bring their paper back on Tuesday and I will change it. 🙂 

I also wanted to post a reminder that there will be no school on Monday due to the holiday. I hope the sun shines for everyone’s May long weekend! See you all on Tuesday. 🙂

Construction on Brantford tomorrow

Bonjour!

Today there was an announcement that there will be construction happening on Brantford tomorrow all day. It will be from Imperial street all the way down Brantford Avenue, towards the school. Mr Gurney recommended to come up Brantford from Oakland to access the school, or turn onto Stanley off of Sperling. Hopefully it doesn’t cause too much trouble for tomorrow!

Take care and have a great evening! 🙂 

May Newsletter Posted

Bonjour!

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend in the sunshine! I have posted the May Newsletter under “For Parents”. I also posted the newest dictée under May on Friday evening. 

See you all tomorrow. 🙂 

Readers’ Theatre Tomorrow

Bonjour!

Tomorrow is our class readers’ theatre presentation. We will be starting the plays at 11:00 and they should run for a total of 25 minutes. If you are available to attend please join us in the gym!

Just a reminder as well that May scholastic orders are due back tomorrow. As well, I have posted the division 7 May calendar under “For Parents”. The newsletter will be posted later this week. Merci! 🙂

Panorama Photo Monday and Readers’ Theatre Wednesday

Bonjour!

Just a reminder that the school-wide panorama photo will be this upcoming Monday (weather permitting). 

As well, our Readers’ Theatre presentation will be this upcoming Wednesday, May 3 at 11 am in the gym. All parents are welcome to attend. The students are so excited to perform and have worked so hard to memorise their lines and make their costumes. 

Have a great weekend! 🙂 

Readers’ Theatre Presentation Postponed to May 3

Bonjour!

I originally had our presentation of the Readers’ Theatre presentation marked on the calendar for Wednesday, April 26 in the gym. Due to scheduling, I had to change the date to the FOLLOWING Wednesday, May 3 at 11:00 am. I apologize for the change and I hope families are still able to attend. 

Also, a reminder that the students only need to do one reading response in their J’aime lire duotang this week as it is a shortened week. 

Merci and have a great evening! 🙂 

J’aime Lire duotang for this week

Bonjour!

I just wanted to let families know that students only need to do ONE response in their J’aime lire duotangs this week as it is a shortened week. As well, they will only need to do one response next week as well. They duotangs are due back tomorrow.

Merci! 🙂