Jean Ciriani Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes graduating BC public school students who have displayed exemplary communication skills in the service of public organizations.
- Students must have a high academic standing in communication subjects and express an interest in furthering their education in communications
- Students must be graduating from a BC public school in the 2016-2017 school year
- Students must submit a completed application package
For full application package and more information, click HERE.
Deadline to apply is Friday, June 16, 2017.
The South Asian Family Association (SAFA) is proud to offer scholarships in the amount of $1000 each in the following categories:
(1) Academic Excellence
(2) Excellence in Community Involvement/Fine Arts
(3) Excellence in Athletics
Mission Statement: The South Asian Family Association (SAFA) is a non-profit organization, created in 2000 by a group of concerned South Asian men and women who wanted to promote cultural harmony. Our mandate is to seek solutions to family based problems plaguing the South Asian community, to promote multiculturalism and to seek and raise cultural awareness, understanding and harmony.
Eligibility Criteria In order to be eligible for a scholarship, a student must:
- Be a student of South Asian descent
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act
- Be enrolling in his/her first year of full-time studies at a post-secondary institution in Canada or abroad
- Be completing/have completed Grade 12 in a British Columbian high school Note: Relatives and close associates of any active/past member of SAFA are ineligible to apply
For more information, click HERE.
Applications must be received by Wednesday, June 14th, 2017.
The Janice Lee Blue Wave Bursary honours the legacy of Janice Lee, an 18-year-old who struggled with depression and anxiety for six years and took her own life in 2006. The following year, Blue Wave was created by her family to help break the silence around mental illness in teens and to provide support earlier. The vision of the Janice Lee Blue Wave bursary program is to invest in the resilience, wisdom and potential of young people and to reduce some of the barriers during the major transition from high school to higher education.
The bursary is offered to students who have lived experience of a mental health or substance use issue and will be pursuing post-secondary education or training the following year. It is unique in its focus on the strength and resilience youth face, rather than an emphasis on academic success and achievements. More information can be found here: http://www.bluewavebc.ca/janice-lee-blue-wave-bursary/
In 2017, 2 bursaries of $750 each will be awarded.
More information can be found here: http://www.bluewavebc.ca/janice-lee-blue-wave-bursary/
Advertisement poster is available HERE.
Deadline to apply is Wednesday, May 31st, 2017.
Dogwood Scholarships are now available for applications!
Byrne Creek has been allotted several $1250 Dogwood Scholarships for students that have concentrated their studies in:
- Fine Arts
- Applied Skills
- Physical Activity
- Secondary Language
- Technology and Trades
- Community Service
- Aboriginal Studies
Applications are available HERE.
Deadline to submit the application to Ms. Falsetto in B110 is Friday, June 2nd.
I will post information in the next few days. Keep checking the website and twitter.
Attention Canadian Citizens who are graduating and want to go to high school in Japan.
The Embassy of Japan is happy to announce that the 2018 MEXT Scholarship Program is now open for applications under 2 categories: Undergraduate studies and Research Studies. The deadlines for applications are June 9th, 2017 and May 19th, 2019 respectively.
We would like to remind that MEXT Scholarships cover full tuition fees, tickets to and from Japan and provides a generous monthly allowance.
For more information, please consult our website: http://www.ca.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/education.html
For advertising poster, click HERE.
The Burnaby Retired Teachers’ Association Wynn Richmond Bursary Fund offers $3000 for a student who:
- has been enrolled in a Burnaby school for his/her two senior years
- maintained a high standard of achievement
- intends to pursue an Education Degree at one of the following BC post secondary institutions:
- Malaspina College/University
- UNBC (University of Northern BC)
The Bursary must be claimed within two years of receipt.
If you meet the above criteria, please email a short statement about your educational interests and why you are a suitable candidate for this $3000 scholarship. Send your statement to email@example.com before THIS Monday, May 8th.
This scholarship will be presented at our School Leaving Ceremony on Tuesday, May 30.