Please note that the deadline has been moved earlier to Wednesday, March 29th!
$2500 Standing Tall Award
Awarded to youth who have faced adversity and have not only risen up against the odds, but are demonstrating a commitment to continue their education. This award is open to students who have faced challenges like poverty, health, family issues, personal loss and lack of support. Please note that we have had Byrne students receive this award in the past… it is in your reach! Your story of determination deserves to be celebrated.
Coast Capital Savings is looking for youth who:
- haven’t previously received a Youth Get It Education Award
- are Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- have been a BC resident for at least 6 months
- are graduating high school in June 2017 in one of 23 School Districts in Metro Vancouver, Fraser Valley, mid and southern Vancouver Island and Kelowna
- plan to attend an accredited Canadian university, college or technical school in Fall 2017
How to apply
- In 500 words or less, describe how you faced adversity and overcame its challenges. Specifically, you can discuss issues like poverty, health, family issues, personal loss and lack of support. Be sure to read the details listed on the Coast Capital Savings website here: https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/OurCommunity/ProgramsForYouth/YouthEducationAwards/
- Write your essay in such a way that the committee can see that you are the best candidate.
- Submit your essay to Ms. Falsetto by Wednesday, March 29th. The Byrne Creek Scholarship Committee will select our nominee.
- Once all of the applications are received, the Burnaby District Scholarship Committee will select the recipient.
- If you’ve been selected, you will be notified by your school by June 30.