The Betty Spalton Trust Fund was established in 1999 to provide financial support to individuals obtaining an education in fields associated with the road building and heavy construction industry. As one of the goals of this fund is to encourage diversity in the industry, preference is given to females and/or members of minority groups. The fund honours Betty Spalton, an industry and Association leader who died after a brief illness in 1999.
The Betty Spalton Education Fund is a merit-based scholarship, awarding the successful candidate $1,500 for study and living expenses.
- Any student entering or continuing studies leading to a career in road building, road maintenance or heavy construction.
- Preference will be given to students who are female and/or members of minority groups.
- Program of study may be either full or part-time at any BC college, university, technical or trades institute.
- Individuals returning back to school to upgrade their skills and knowledge are welcome to apply.
- The judges reserve the right not to award the scholarship if no suitable candidates apply.
- Canadian citizens.
Applications must include:
- A brief 250 – 500 word essay explaining interest in obtaining an education in the field and career goals.
- Transcripts from any secondary and post-secondary institutions attended.
- A resume.
DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2016
All application packages should be submitted to:
Betty Spalton Educational Trust Fund
B.C. Road Builders and Heavy Construction Association
Suite 307, 8678 Greenall Avenue