Akira’s Beta Bits of Business

Ruff ruff! Ruff rufh rhuhf ruuuuuff. Ruff ruhf ruhfu rfhurh ffhurh ruhfuhr ruhfuhr ruhfur, ruhfu rfuhf! HUHRFRUHFUHR!
Rufhrufhruf rhr fuhrffu rufhr ruf rurruuffff ruhffuuuuuuuuuuuf.

Ruff ruhfu ruhffr furr furf urfhur!

Ruffruff ruhf uruhru ffurf ruhfurhf. Rufff ruhfur ruuuuuuuuuuuuf ruhfru rrhhurrrfurhf rufff ruhfuhhrf rruhfhru ruhfur uhrfuuf ruhfururuhfur uurhhfur rrfurh ruff rufh hruf urhu frh furrfu ruhfhfr rruhf ruhf. Rruff frurfh!

Ruffuruhu rufhfruuuu rufhff. Furhhfurh rufhrr frhff ruhfr ruffhur ffurrf rrufff rruhfh furhff ruhfr, fuhhruffr uhfrrf ruff rrufff ruhfr ruffhr rrufffhr ruff rurrff. RUFFFF! Ruff rufhur ruhffu rrufhf,rurhfurh. Furhr rufrh. Ruff Ruff!

Ruff ruhfu ruhffr furr furf urfhur!

[Translation]

Hey guys! I`m Akira, Beta`s therapy dog. My job is to help out around the classroom by making everyone happy! But I mostly just come in for the cuddles. Right now I’m gonna tell you all about what Beta did this month! What was the highlight of the month? When I came in and this girl and her friends had bought a cake from coffee cart! Crazy good! They gave me lots of pieces and I even- oh sorry am I off topic?

Anyway, Beta had a pretty great month. In the true spirit of October and Halloween, everyone started working on a poem about death and destruction. I was surprised to learn that this was Mr. Murray’s idea, not a certain death and destruction loving classmate.

The poems turned out great! They left everyone feeling very sad and poetic, and like you can’t just say “it’s sunny” anymore, you have to say “the sun’s rays lit up the morning dew on the grass, putting a spotlight on the pools of blood and tears from my people”. Maybe I should be a poet!

Before presenting though, they went on a field trip to the Vancouver Writers Fest at Granville Island without me! They all came back full of pizza, gelato, burgers, hotdogs, bubble tea, any treat you can think of really, but I was glad to hear that some people went looking for a Halloween costume for me. No one brought back food though, so that was disappointing.

In science they dove deep into the world of cells (cells, cells they’re made of organelles), and they made some amazing presentations about it. Even I learned something, but I was pretty distracted by my nap and a cameo from a super star!

Well those are my highlights from the month! I can’t wait to come back to Beta and see what else they get up to. Bye!