My Pay It Forward homework was to share 11 random facts about myself, thanks Ron, answer the 11 questions provided and invite 11 others to answer 11 questions asked of me and to pass these on to others. Here’s my 11 random facts, the 11 questions: Let’s see how far this networking goes
My 11 Random Facts
1. My favorite class in High School was English 12. Mr. Cone’s vivid description of Don Quixote riding across the room with a window opening stick as a joust was unforgettable. So much so, I share this story of English Literature on a regular basis. He brought the written word to life.
2. I was in a Coca Cola Commercial in Holland in 1980 as a member of the Canadian National Team.
3. I shot a hole in one at the Belmont Golf Course in Surrey
4. I hit a kangaroo in Australia while driving in the outback, thought I had killed it only to have it leap up and run off after I had covered it up, it looked like a ghost!
5. My name was given to me after a famous Italian Singer named Claudio Villa; I wish I could sing.
6. My 1976 Fiat Spider was used in a movie scene of an old Disney movie shot in Vancouver in the early 1980’s
7. I met Francis Ford Coppula with my son Taylor and we ate lunch together at his winery and then took a photo.
8. I got to hold the Grey Cup for a day!
9. I sold 2 tickets to the 1994 World Cup Final in Pasadena, California, I regret doing this and will for the rest of my life!
10. We visit California Wine country every year as a vacation place.
11. I met my wife teaching Soccer to communities in Northern B.C.
11 Thinking Questions
1. What keeps you up at night? Worrying about the students in my school that need extra help and how to get it to them!
2. What would you consider comfort food? Pasta with my Mom’s homemade Bolognese sauce, it got me through university!
3. What’s one thing you would change about your job? Nothing, I love what I do!
4. What is one thing you would change about schools today? Supports for the diverse learning community
5. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone? Find BALANCE in your life! Take care of yourself, emotionally and physically.
6. The biggest inspiration in my life is….? My family!
7. What was the first music concert you attended? Aldo Nova at the P.N.E. Coliseum
8. What is the first movie you attended? Midnight Run –Capital 6 Grandville
9. Other than work, I have a passion for….? Wine collecting sharing the experience, the history of the winery and the food that goes with it. Nothing better than conversation with friends over a meal.
10. If you wrote a book, what would the title be? “How to Trust and be Trusted in Building Relationships”
11. When I grow up I …… will be able to ask more questions than have answers for.
11 random questions for you
1. What’s your biggest pet peeve? People throwing cigarette butts out of their car window or on the ground. I really, really, hate that!
2. Which teacher had the biggest effect on you? Mr. Cowell, my grade 6 teacher, who showed an interest in my fanatical love of sports. He was able to show how to harness that into learning something else! I thank him for that often!
3. If you could talk to one famous person, living or dead, who would it be? There are many but the first person that comes to mind is Jack Nicklaus.
4. What would you ask them? In sport and life what defines you?
5. Which cartoon character is most like you? Garfield, I love that cat’s attitude!
6. What do you do on an ideal Saturday morning? Work in the garden, read a book with a cup of coffee and watch the weather change.
7. What would we find on your bedside table? A book, a box of sentimental trinkets and a photo of my family.
8. What’s your go-to book when you’re needing inspiration? “Blink” by Malcom Gladwell
9. If money were no option, where would you live? Where I live right now only I wouldn’t have a mortgage!
10. A personality who has impacted the way you think about life is…? Stephen Covey
11. As an educator, what do you hope to leave as your legacy? The belief that learning can be fun, meaningful & Life long
I have challenged 11 others to do their homework! If you wish to challenge yourself please do so! And if you see me or we meet somewhere don’t forget to share something about yourself with me also! Remember It’s ALL about the RELATIONSHIPS!